Our work is concentrated into the three pillars of our mission statement; Creation, Community, Culture, and collaborations with organizations and institutions that align with the Nueva Esperanza vision.
By creating new opportunities through social justice and community education focusing on leadership and creative youth development, we continue moving both the organization and the community forward.
- Three Kings Day Celebration: We (Holyoke) are preparing and hosting a City Wide Toy Drive, in order to make the Latinx Holiday Tradition of 3 Kings Day a HUGE Event for kids and need in the City of Holyoke. Join our committee meetings once a month at our offices. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-437-7666
Maintaining and expanding Nueva Esperanza’s property assets will make us leaders by example in how members of the community can take ownership of their neighborhoods and get more involved within their communities.
- Affordable Housing: Nueva Esperanza, Inc. owns 18 affordable housing units in South Holyoke that are currently managed by Virgilio Property Management.
- Voces de Esperanza: a partnership management arrangement of a 36 Unit Development located on the corner of Franklin St and Chestnut St. The partnership includes Nueva Esperanza, Inc., and the tenants – together recognized as the Voces Corporation. The Valley Opportunity Council (VOC) is the managing partner and majority interest holder of the development. The current arrangement preserves the rights for tenants to have a say in important matters that concern the partnership. This model allows residents a voice in the operations of the building they live in.
- Event Rental Hall is a 1,675 square feet of rentable space for community events. Birthday parties, workshops, dance classes, or community fundraisers – the open floor plan, beautifully restored flooring and brick walls provide a versatile, warm atmosphere for all types of events. Click for more information
To strive to become a Puerto Rican/Afro Caribbean Cultural Center that keeps our traditions, art, and history alive within our communities.
- P.R.A.C.C.C.: The creation of the Puerto Rican/Afro Caribbean Cultural Center of Holyoke. The cultural center will plan exhibitions, explore sacred Puerto Rican / Afro-Caribbean traditions, plan international travel exchanges, and art education & equity. OPENING MAY 21, 2018.
- Puerto Rican Cultural District Council: Nueva Esperanza Inc, is pleased to be the host agency to the official governing body for the Puerto Rican Cultural District (The Flats & South Holyoke.) The purpose of the PR Cultural Council is to plan to program and provide funding for Puerto Rican cultural art, and activities within the district boundaries.
- Mercado on Main Street: Nueva Esperanza, Inc. is pleased to launch a monthly Food/Art Street market, at Nueva Esperanza. Mercado On Main is will be a monthly Food/Art Market featuring local artists, food, music, games and more. If you are an Latinx artist, join us on Tuesday, April 9th at 6pm for our initial call of artist meeting. for more information, call us at 413-437-7666.