The Administrative Assistant contributes to the mission of Nueva Esperanza, which exists to be a catalyst and partner for a vibrant, sustainable and powerful Puerto Rican/Afro-Caribbean community in Holyoke. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks as well as being the first person that interacts with the general public. Friendly, approachable and welcoming is a must. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Minimum of one (1) year of non-profit experience related to organizing and civic engagement.
- Experience with people data software and/or electoral work preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Friendly, approachable and welcoming attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Puerto Rican/Afro Caribbean cultures is required. Ability to provide effective and respectful services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
- Works well in an ever-changing environment where creativity and spontaneity are encouraged and sometimes required.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, data entry, and social media. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
Three days sick time, staff discounts and on-site parking.
Job Type: Part Time, 20 hours/week (Monday-Friday 10am-2pm)
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three (3) professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our offices at 401 Main Street Holyoke, MA 01040 by May 7, 2019.